We are a passionate team of open source developers with a desire to build a successful and sustainable business that can impact the world at large. Our mission is to create open source, enterprise-grade products that help individuals and organizations unlock their potential and become top performers in their respective domains. To achieve this, we are building a suite of tools that span the entire web development lifecycle ranging from a best in class local development experience all the way through multi-cloud, high-availability hosting (PaaS or self-hosted). To learn more, please visit https://wwww.drud.com/, our GitHub (https://github.com/drud/), and governance (https://github.com/drud/community) pages.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be professional, courteous, kind and responsive to others you engage with.
- Integrate with a fast-paced engineering team to design, develop and deliver our local development and hosting products.
- Ability to perform market research to understand the competitive landscape, current trends, and identify/report on opportunities.
- Ability to prioritize functionality in a manner that optimizes short-term adoption/sales opportunities, current team capacity, and long-term roadmap.
- Attend meetups and conferences as a means to get direct, first-hand exposure to end-user to solicit feedback while driving adoption / evangelizing the vision.
- Be a passionate advocate for our end-users and customers.
- Day-to-day management of our projects and all related processes that include (but are not limited to) issue triage, estimations, timelines, end-user testing/QA, and documentation.
- Participate in and strengthen the engineering team’s workflow, planning, and review process (end-user, code, and tests).
- Manage internal initiatives and projects by collaborating with cross-functional team members to support continuous change and revisions.
An overall team-centric philosophy and strong Emotional Intelligence score is absolutely a must. Google spent a tremendous amount of effort to discover that the keys to high performing through Project Aristotle, and we feel that we have a lot to gain by standing on the shoulders of giants when building out our team. We have a strong affinity for organizations like the Cloud Native Computing Foundation that should be reflected by you. You must love highly distributed mission-critical computing using modern technologies and languages.
- A BA degree preferred.
- 5+ years Product Management experience (ideally 3+ in an agency or tech startup environment) or an equivalent role.
- Previous professional experience with web infrastructure.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven culture.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and Scrum processes preferred.
- Experience in UI/Rest API technologies or use of / integration with SaaS-based technologies.
Nice to Haves
- Domain knowledge of agency or embedded team workflows, specifically for web CMS communities such as Drupal, WordPress, and/or TYPO3.
- Cross OS experience across each major OS (Windows 10, macOS, and Linux).
- Strong desire to teach/share. Could be in the form of blogging, podcasts, presentations, documentation, etc.
- Flexible vacation/time-off.
- Competitive salaries and performance-based raises.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- Professional development opportunities.
- An amazing team of like-minded individuals to create with.
Applications (including a resume, a cover letter, and any additional information that would be relevant to the position) can be sent to email@example.com.