About DRUD Tech
We are a passionate team of open source developers with a desire to build a successful and sustainable business that can impact the world at large. Our mission is to create open source, enterprise-grade products that help individuals and organizations unlock their potential and become top performers in their respective domains. To achieve this, we are building a suite of tools that span the entire web development lifecycle ranging from a best in class local development experience all the way through multi-cloud, high-availability hosting (PaaS or self-hosted). To learn more, please visit https://wwww.drud.com/, our GitHub (https://github.com/drud/), and governance (https://github.com/drud/community) pages.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be professional, courteous, kind and responsive to others you engage with.
- Integrate with a fast-paced engineering team to design, develop and deliver our local development and hosting products.
- Keep well informed of industry best practices and advances while sharing new knowledge to improve company processes, technology, and results.
- Promote a constant learning environment and provide insightful guidance to developers to support their growth and ensure high quality of all software produced by the team.
- Use analytical skills to identify and resolve coding, development and process issues.
- Participate in and strengthen the engineering team’s workflow, planning, and review process (end-user, code, and tests).
An overall team-centric philosophy and strong Emotional Intelligence score is absolutely a must. Google spent a tremendous amount of effort to discover that the keys to high performing through Project Aristotle, and we feel that we have a lot to gain by standing on the shoulders of giants when building out our team. We have a strong affinity for organizations like the Cloud Native Computing Foundation that should be reflected by you. You must love highly distributed mission-critical computing using modern technologies and languages.
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time Golang programming experience (samples of enterprise-level applications are required).
- Demonstrated understanding of container-based technologies (specifically Docker) and container orchestration (specifically Kubernetes).
- Must have experience architecting, building, managing large-scale systems and application architectures.
- Experience in Rest or gRPC API technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Independence, willingness to learn and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to 100% self-manage once expectations and guidelines are established.
Nice to Haves
- Experience writing Kubernetes controllers.
- Experience writing and maintaining microservices
- Experience working on at least one established open source project.
- Experience working within at least one open source community.
- Domain knowledge of agency or embedded team workflows, specifically for web CMS communities such as Drupal, WordPress, and/or TYPO3.
- Cross OS experience across each major OS (Windows 10, macOS, and Linux).
- Strong desire to teach/share. Could be in the form of blogging, podcasts, presentations, documentation, etc.
- Flexible vacation/time-off.
- Competitive salaries and performance-based raises.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- Professional development opportunities.
- An amazing team of like-minded individuals to create with.
Applications (including a resume, a cover letter, and any additional information that would be relevant to the position) can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.